Chulalongkorn University will be hosting the commencement ceremonies for the 2016 academic calendar on the 28th and 29th of September 2017 at the Main CU Auditorium. HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, on behalf of His Majesty the King, will preside over the ceremonies, during which she will present diplomas to the graduates in the morning and afternoon sessions, starting at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., respectively.
Graduation rehearsals will be held during 1 – 25 September 2017 at the CU Main Auditorium. Class photographs will be taken during 2 – 23 September 2017.
As the graduation ceremony will be held during the mourning period for the late King Bumiphol Adulyadej, the university requests that graduates, family members, friends and guests wear appropriate attire and act with decorum while attending the graduation ceremonies. Flowers, balloons and group chants are not advised. Any decorations made to congratulate graduates should be minimal and confined indoors.
For more details, please contact the Office of Registrar at Tel. 02-218-0016 or the Chulalongkorn University Communication Center at Tel. 02-218-3364-5. Updates will be posted at www.reg.chula.ac.th.
- PDF file download: Schedule for graduation convocation ceremony Thai/English
- PDF file download: Rehearsal schedule for graduation convocation ceremony Thai/ English
- PDF file download: Class photoshoot schedule Thai/English
- PDF file download: Instructions for graduation commencement ceremonies English
Regulations for Graduation Rehearsal
- Graduates must log on to ccr.chula.edu to print their graduation identification card and must bring it to every graduation rehearsal and on the day of the graduation ceremony. Graduates who fail to present their graduation ID can visit the registration desk and present their government identification card or student identification card to print a new one.
- On both graduation rehearsal dates, graduates should arrive prior to the meeting time. The meeting time for the morning session is at 8:30 a.m., and the afternoon session is at 1:00 p.m. Graduates are kindly asked to sit at their assigned seats as indicated on their graduation ID. The assigned seats are for rehearsal purposes only and not the official seating during the commencement
- Graduates should wear appropriate attire during the graduation rehearsal. Male graduates are required to wear button-up shirts with long trousers. Formal shoes and socks are required. Female graduates are required to wear shirts or blouses with sleeves and skirts that have proper length and width. It is recommended to wear the same clothing as will be worn on graduation day. Long trousers are not allowed for females, and formal shoes are required. It is recommended that graduates wear the same shoes with stockings on both rehearsal days.
- During the rehearsals, graduates are asked to mute their mobile phones and refrain from using them. Also, attendance will be systematically checked and manually taken by the professors in charge, from each respective faculty. Graduates, who have missed any rehearsal will not be eligible to attend the commencement Late comers to the rehearsal, who have missed the registration system‘s attendance check may encounter problems verifying their attendance and eligibility to participate in the graduation ceremony.