If you are studying at one of our partner universities, you are eligible to enroll to study for one semester or one academic year at Chulalongkorn University as an exchange student. Please note that exchange students can obtain an academic transcript, but they cannot earn a degree from CU. You are required to contact your home university first; then, if you meet the requirements, they can nominate you as an exchange student to the Office of International Affairs and Global Network at Chulalongkorn University. After we have received your nomination and application documents, we will forward them to the faculty concerned for consideration. The official result will be informed to your home university (IRO). Exchange students will be exempt from tuition and other fees.
Exchange student categories
- Undergraduate: students with at least two semesters completed.
- Graduate (both Master and Doctoral)
Semester in which you wish to enroll:
- First (August to December)
- Second (January to May)
- Summer (June to July)
*There is a few program offered in summer such as the International Program in Design and Architecture (INDA)
- First (August to November)
- Second (December to March)
- Third (April to August)
*Trimester System is used for only some international graduate programs.
Proposed Grading System:
- Standard grading system with A, B, C, D and F
- Grading with “S” for Satisfactory or “U” for Unsatisfactory (with examination)
- Grading with “V” for Visitor or “W” for withdrawn (without examination)
Academic Calendar and Application Deadline
The completed application form must reach the Office of International Affairs, Chulalongkorn University by the following dates:
|Academic Calendar||Semester||Application deadline||Classes begin||Classes end||Semester ends|
|International System||First||15 February||2nd week of Aug||1st week of Dec||3rd week of Dec|
|Second||15 July||2nd week of Jan||Last week of Apr||3rd week of May|
|Summer||15 December||1st week of Jun||Last week of Jul||Last week of Jul|
|Trimester System||First||15 February||2nd week of Aug||3rd week of Nov||Last week of Nov|
|Second||15 June||2nd week of Dec||3rd week of Mar||Last week of Mar|
|Third||15 October||2nd week of Apr||3rd week of Jul||Last week of Jul|
as of February 2016.
Remark: Some graduate programs may use a different system; please check with the program before submitting your application form.
Admission Requirements for Exchange Student
GPA requirement: preferable 2.75: copy of Transcript must be submitted along with your application form.
Language(s) of instruction:
- Internet- based: 79-80
- Computer- based: 213
- Paper-based: 550
- Overall band: 6.0
- The score should not more than 2 years old.
- Thai fluency in listening and speaking is required for regular programs taught in Thai.
English fluency is required for international programs taught
- Completed application form
- Nomination letter from home institute
- 2 references in signed and sealed envelopes
- Official transcript of academic records (to be issued by the institute presently being attended)
- English proficiency score record (for non-native speaker of English)*
- Copy of passport
- Study plan / description of academic interests (on a separate sheet of A4-sized paper)
- Eight 1-inch-colored photos (with blue background) taken no more than six months in polite attire or civil servant’s uniform, signed on the reverse side, one of which should be attached to the application form.
Remark: This is required for exchange students who wish to study in an International Program.
*For more Information, please visit
Ms. Sunisa Charoenna
Academic Exchange Coordinator (Inbound Exchange)
Office of International Affairs and Global Network
Chaloem Rajakumari 60 Building, 18th Floor,
Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand 10330
Telephone: 66 2 218 3335
Fax: 66 2 216 1299