International Workshop at Yogyakarta, Indonesia August 14 –18, 2019
“Learn Global Challenges, Nurture Global Leadership”
Go Global Chulalongkorn 2019/ University Twinning Partnerships Project
Do you want to partake in this five-day international workshop full of unique learning opportunities in the historical city of Yogyakarta? The opportunity is here!
Go Global Chulalongkorn 2019 is an initiative that aims to identify and implement opportunities for meaningful relationships and interactions between Chulalongkorn University and selected institutions of higher education and research that represent agents of global change around the world. Under the University Twinning Project, this non-curricular workshop is to develop global citizens who are positively contributing to make our world a better place in times of disruptive technologies, divisive politics, environmental concerns, and widening inequality.
This year, Go Global Chulalongkorn 2019 will join force with Indonesian Consortium of Religious Studies (ICRS), a consortium of three universities: Gadjah Mada University, State Islamic University Sunan Kalijaga, and Duta Wacana Christian University.
ICRS and Chula will jointly organize a series of workshops on timely topics by experts/practitioners, exchange seminar with Gadja Mada University students, as well as field visit and heritage trail which can highlight varied social, cultural, political, economic and environmental realities for the participants to attain meaningful reflection and further debate towards global citizenship.
- Applicants must be Chulalongkorn University students (your student status has to be valid as of October 30, 2019).
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants must have good communication skills with fair command of English, with openness to new environment and experiences.
- Applicants must be able to enter Indonesia with a valid passport (and visa, if applicable). Passports should be valid for more than 6 months as of August 14, 2019.
Submit the below to email@example.com by July 10, 2019, 15.00hrs (Thailand time).
- Application Form (download here)
- An English essay (approximately 1,000 words) under the theme “How can youths promote Global Citizenship?”
- A one-page CV with an official photo
Fifteen well-qualified finalists will be announced on July 18, 2019 on the CU website (www.chula.ac.th). The committee’s decision is final.
- ASEAN Week (July 29-August 2, 2019)
- Workshop “Introduction to Global Citizenship” (date to be announced)
- Submit photo-essays/video log/blog (30%) and a reflective academic paper of approximately 4,000 words (70%) within 3 weeks upon returning from the trip.
- Participate at presentation seminar (details to be announced)
For further inquiry, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms. Ranchana Rungreong, Office of International Affairs at 02-2183335.