In reference to the coronavirus (2019-nCov) outbreak, which has infected a number of people in Thailand, Chulalongkorn University is extremely concerned about the situation and its impacts on members of the campus. The University therefore wishes to issue words of warning and request cooperation to help guard against and prevent the spread of the infection, additional to Announcement No. 1, as follows:
1.Students, faculty members, and staffers should avoid traveling to the People’s Republic of China or areas at high risk of the coronavirus (2019-nCov) infection, and avoid visiting markets selling live animals, coming in contact with or being close to sick or dead animals as well as avoid consuming not-fully-cooked meat.
2. Students, faculty members, and staffers who have recently returned from the People’s Republic of China or areas of high risks for coronavirus infection should take a leave of absence for 14 days for observation purposes and to prevent possible infection spreading to others. Such action shall not be counted as leave or absence days (as per the announcement in this link. ( https://www.chula.ac.th/en/news/26874/ )
- Those wishing to take such a leave of absence may fill out an online form to request a leave on an exceptional basis and to be part of the infection surveillance data-gathering process at this link. (https://bit.ly/37BDMMy) In the intervening time, if a fever or respiratory symptom, such as cough, sore throat, runny nose or breathing difficulty, arises, one should wear a hygienic mask and visit a physician’s office immediately as there is a possibility of complications or contacting pneumonia, which can be life-threatening.
- Members of the Chulalongkorn University community may request advice on how to monitor and prevent the 2019-nCoV infection from Chulalongkorn University’s Health Service Center around the clock at 08-0441-9041.
3. Students, faculty members and staffers, who had not recently traveled to the People’s Republic of China but who had or may have come in contact with an infected person as well as had been in a high-risk area, should maintain vigilance in monitoring possible symptoms. If one experiences a fever, one may take a leave of absence from work or classes in accordance with conditions set forth in (2) and fills out the online form as suggested.
4. Any student, faculty member, or staffer encountering a person suspected of having 2019-nCov-related symptoms should advise the person to observe the guidelines in (2) or (3). However, taking in mind that the delicacy of the situation necessitates sensitive handling of the situation, one should be mindful of words and actions to avoid creating a sense of alienation and discrimination. Attempts should be made to show respect and understanding while being mindful of human dignity of those directly or indirectly affected.
At present, there are 172 students from the People’s Republic of China enrolled at Chulalongkorn University. The University has maintained direct channels of communication with the students through online chat groups and email to keep them up to date on guidelines for personal conduct and information on how to take precautions and preventing infection.
In the meantime, students, faculty members and staffers are advised to keep themselves informed of the infection development but without falling into a panic, and stay tuned for further announcements from the University. The University wishes to thank everyone for understanding and cooperation.
- 刚从中华人民共和国或新型冠状病毒(2019-nCoV)易感染区域回来的学生以及教职工，请居家隔离观察至少14天，我校将视之为特例，不计为请假天数。 （详细请看附件 https://www.chula.ac.th/en/news/26874/ )
- 需要请假者可在此链接 https://bit.ly/37BDMMy 在线填隔离观察请假表，隔离期间如果出现发烧，以及咳嗽、嗓子疼、流鼻涕、呼吸困难等呼吸道异常症状，请自觉带上口罩并尽快就诊。因为这些症状很有可能是新型冠状病毒肺炎的症状，该病情有致命的可能。
- 朱大学生及教职工可拨打朱拉隆功大学医疗服务中心热线08-0441-9041 （24小时）咨询相关新型冠状病毒的防控措施和指南。