With reference to Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Protective Measures Against the Spread of COVID-19 dated 26 February 2020, the University is mindful to ensure the management of instruction and examination for the second semester of the 2019 academic year proceed with orderliness and efficiency, and hereby announces the following guidelines:
1. Following the midsemester examination of the second semester of the 2019 academic year, instructors may consider modifying their instruction management and measurement and evaluation method and inform students of the needs for the changes under current extraordinary circumstance. They may jointly agree on an instruction management deemed appropriate as long as all essential contents, performance and results of learning according to the description of each course as appeared in the TQF 2 are maintained. As for the measurement and evaluation of academic achievement, special consideration should be given to the Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) criteria. In this ragard, the instructors may modify their instruction as appropriate as follows:
(1) Shorten instruction periods by either maintaining regular instruction program or supplementing instruction with various instructional elements such as assignments or online teaching; (2) Employ the Modular System; (3) Prepare digital image and audio files for self-learning and review by students; (4) Provide online teaching, using programs such as Echo360, MyCourseVille, Microsoft Team, Blackboard Collaborate or Blended Learning; (5) Modify instruction into an assignment-based program requiring no class attendance, for example, through project-based or case studies, and/or supplemented with online learning.
2. For final examination for the 2019 academic year, instructors may consider various forms of evaluation, which could be traditional examinations or other types that could provide effective evaluative results, such as assignments, reports or take-home exams.
3. In the case of qualifying exams or dissertation proposals or defense for graduate students, an online exam may be conducted. A video conference can also be supplemented.
4. In cases where instruction or evaluation methods not specified in this announcement are proposed, approval shall be under the discretion of section heads.
Apropos, the University has set up a system to assist and support all instruction programs mentioned above. Instructors may contact the Learning Innovation Center, the Office of Academic Resources, or the academic unit of relevant section to request support services. Meanwhile, the University will closely monitor and assess the situation regarding the spread of COVID-19 infection and will announce any development in due course.