reference to Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Guidelines for Protective
Measures Against the Spread of COVID-19 dated February 26, 2020 and other
related announcements that students and staff members avoid or refrain from
travelling to foreign countries during the period from February 26, 2020 to May
In order to allow foreign students or researchers who are studying or carrying out research at Chulalongkorn University the possibility of returning to their home domicile abroad, it is appropriate therefore that guidelines be provided for such approval or permission as follows:
1. That relevant section head or the supervising Vice President consider the approval or permission of foreign students, post-doctoral researchers or other researchers, whether they have traveled here to pursue their studies or research work on personal funds or any other source of funding, to be able to return to their home domicile permanently or temporarily.
2. For the approval or permission in accordance with Item 1, the relevant section head or the supervising Vice President should also take into consideration the opinion of the following persons
(1) The academic adviser, the chairperson or the director of the program that the student is affiliated with (in the case of a foreign student)
(2) The head, the chief or the supervisor (in the case of a foreign post-doctoral researcher or any other researcher)
3. Once the student, post-doctoral researcher or any other researcher has obtained the approval or permission to return temporarily to their home domicile, they will be able to return to resume their studies or research only after May 31, 2020 or any other date as announced by the University. Upon their return they must also strictly comply with protective measures against the spread of COVID-19 virus issued by the University and the government.
4. In cases where there is a reason or necessity that arises, the relevant section head or the supervising Vice President might consider seeking approval to modify the period of study or the scholarship period from the person authorized to consider the rules, regulations and relevant announcements accordingly.
5. In cases where there is a problem or complication in the implementation of this announcement, the relevant section head or supervising Vice President shall have the final decision in determining the outcome.
This announcement is taken into effect from now onwards,