The Office of Student Affairs at Chulalongkorn University hereby announces guidelines for student welfare during the COVID-19 infection outbreak as follows:
- Chulalongkorn University students at risk of being infected by the COVID-19 virus can visit Chulalongkorn Health Center for preliminary screening. If a student is transferred to King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital and needs to test for the COVID-19 virus, the student may apply for reimbursement of medical expenses according to the medical benefits available for Thai citizens – regardless of testing positive or negative (as stated by the Ministry of Public Health). For foreign students, the disease screening will also be available but may incur additional costs. Students who need financial assistance may contact the university, but approval is subjected to individual cases.
- From 17 March – 30 April 2020, Muang Thai Life Assurance is offering registered students free insurance coverage for the infection or death caused by COVID-19. Students can register via the “MTL Click” application. More details on the benefits will be announced via MTL’s Facebook Fan Page and the CU Nex application. The insurance offered will cover:
- Compensation benefit of 1,000 baht/day in case of hospitalization, for up to 30 days.
- 100,000 baht for loss of life.
- Chulalongkorn University welfare allowance are divided into 2
- In the case of testing positive for COVID-19 and the patient has received medical treatment according to
their medical coverage plan, the patient can apply for an additional subsidy of
300 baht/day for up to 180 days. The Medical certificate is required.
- In the case that the student gets tested from other hospitals or
has been greatly affected by the COVID-19 epidemic, the student
may request financial aid from the University through the student’s faculty. The University committee
will make provisions and provide assistance in accordance to the University
- In case a student is infected with COVID-19 or is at risk while off campus, the student can request to get tested at any hospital by using the Universal Coverage for Emergency Patients as announced by the Ministry of Public Health. For more information, please contact the Ministry of Public Health’s hotline at 1422, Chulalongkorn Health Center at 080-441-9041 or CU Student Corner at 0-2218-7077, 0-2218-7052 ext. 401, 402.
- Thai national students can receive the benefits as announced by the Ministry of Public Health and apply for reimbursement of expenses according to applicable benefits.
- Treatment is available for international students, but without financial coverage. In an event where a student needs financial assistance, they may seek advice from the hospital’s Social Welfare Office or contact the University for assistance.
For more information, contact the Division of Scholarship and Student Services, Office of Student Affairs, Chulalongkorn University, at 0-2218-7052 ext. 402.