To properly and safely continue carrying out the teaching, meeting, training, and researching of staff members, students and foreign participants during the novel coronavirus situation, it is hereby deemed appropriate to issue the following guidelines:
1. The university neither approves nor allow staff members or students to carry out university-affiliated activities related to the studying, teaching or researching abroad, and neither approve nor allows any invitation of individuals or students from abroad to participate in the teaching, researching, conference, seminar, or any other university-related activity in Thailand. These restrictions will be in place from 1 September 2020 until 30 November 2020, until further notice from the university.
2. For staff members or students intending to conduct university-affiliated activities related to studying, teaching or researching abroad, approval may be requested upon the following conditions:
(1) The time of overseas travel is after the period specified in the provision 1.
(2) The period of overseas stays is one year or longer.
(3) The staff member or student travelling overseas must receive approval from an authorized supervisor.
In case the period of overseas stay is less than one year, such individual must show the absolute necessity to carry out activities related to the studying, training, teaching or researching abroad. For this, approval from the Coronavirus (COVID-2019) Emergency Operation Center of Chulalongkorn University is required.
3. Those who intend to travel according to the provision 2 will need to submit a request, along with a study plan, a training plan, an overseas action plan, a COVID-19 infection prevention plan, a COVID-19 action plan in case of infection, and a plan showing overseas medical and treatment coverage to the supervisor or the supervising Vice President in charge for approval.
4. Once approved to travel abroad, as conditioned in provision 3, the government and university regulations must be strictly followed.
5. If staff members or student is infected with COVID-19 while studying, training or operating overseas, the supervisor or university must be notified as soon as possible, in order to provide help or coordinate relevant persons or agencies for assistance.
6. In case there is a need to invite or accept overseas individuals or students to study, train, attend university activities or conduct a research, the university will consider approval of the invitation or acceptance based on the following criteria:
(1) The individual must arrive in Thailand after the time specified in the provision 1.
(2) The individual must stay in Thailand for more than a year.
(3) The individual must receive approval from the supervisor.
In case the individual, who travels from overseas, has been in Thailand for less than a year, he must show the absolute necessity to carry out the activities related to the studying, training, or researching in Thailand. Moreover, the individual must receive approval from the Coronavirus (COVID-2019) Emergency Operation Center of Chulalongkorn University.
7. Those who extend an invitation or grant acceptance to the individual from overseas, according to the provision 6 must submit a request, along with a COVID-19 infection prevention plan, a COVID-19 action plan in case of infection, and a plan showing overseas medical and treatment coverage to the supervisor or supervising Vice President for approval.
8. Once approved or granted permission, according with the provision 7, the individual from overseas must strictly comply with the government and university regulations.
9. Individuals, who have been granted permission to travel abroad or have been invited from overseas will not be allowed to reimburse other expenses, except for a disbursement rate as specified by the university.
This announcement will take effect immediately, and will remain until further notice.
Announced on 31 August 2020.
(Prof. Dr. Bundhit Eua-arporn)