Further to Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Instructions and Work Operations during the Government’s Declaration of the State of Emergency in Bangkok dated October 18, 2020, detailing the arrangements of instructions and work operations for October 19, 2020; the University has come up with measures to ensure the safety and welfare for our students and personnel while learning, conducting activities, and carrying out their work duties, as well as the safety and ease of their commute home.
By virtue of Sections 27 and 32 of Chulalongkorn University Act B.E. 2551, the University, therefore, issues the following orders:
1. That this announcement shall take effect during the period from October 20 to October 25, 2020.
2. That students and personnel are requested to exercise caution and avoid traveling to areas that may pose a risk to their safety, by always checking route conditions before traveling.
3. That university personnel come to work during regular work hours. However, section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may allow their personnel to leave work earlier than usual should they deem such action necessary for the personnel’s safety and ease of commute.
In the case of utmost necessity, section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may order any personnel to work from their residence, in which case the personnel shall work at their full capacity, and strict work discipline shall be adhered.
4. The manner in which instructions of all courses are given shall be at the discretion of the section heads. Focus should be put on online basis.
5. With regards to activities or operations other than instructions, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may decide, order, or take any such actions as deemed appropriate.
6. Instructions, activities or operations for Chulalongkorn University Demonstration Schools (Primary and Secondary)shall be at the discretion of the Dean of the Faculty of Education to decide, order, or take any such actions as deemed appropriate.
7. In determining, ordering or taking any such actions according to Articles 3, 4, 5 or 6, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents shall do so with the primary concern on the safety and welfare, as well as ease of commute of our students and personnel.
8. In the event that the orders in this announcement cannot be followed, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents shall have the final authority to make decisions.
However, should there be any changes in the situations in question, the University will make an announcement promptly.
Given on: October 19, 2020
(Prof. Dr. Bundhit Eua-arporn)