Further to Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Instructions and Work Operations during the Government’s Declaration of the State of Emergency in Bangkok (No.2) dated October 19, 2020, the Prime Minister, on October 22, 2020, canceled the Declaration of the State of Emergency in Bangkok, related Decrees and Orders effective at 12 p.m. of the same day. However, the University is still concerned about the safety and ease of commute of the students and personnel.
By virtue of Section 27 and Section 32 of Chulalongkorn University Act B.E. 2551, the University, therefore, issues the following orders:
1. Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Instructions and Work Operations during the Government’s Declaration of the State of Emergency in Bangkok (No.2) dated October 19, 2020 shall be canceled.
2. This announcement shall take effect from October 22 to November 1, 2020.
3. Students and personnel are requested to exercise caution and avoid traveling to areas that may pose a risk to their safety, by always checking route conditions before traveling.
4. University personnel come to work during regular work hours or other designated times. However, section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may allow their personnel to leave work earlier than usual should they deem such actions necessary for the personnel’s safety and ease of commute with clearly written communication, sent through official channels.
In the case of utmost necessity, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may order any personnel to work from their residence, in which case the personnel shall work at their full capacity, and strict work discipline shall be adhered.
5.The manner in which instructions are given, shall be at the discretion of the section heads. However, they are requested to focus on online instructions.
6. With regards to activities or operations other than instructions, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may decide, order, or take any such actions as deemed appropriate.
7. Instructions, activities and operations for Chulalongkorn University Demonstration Schools (Primary and Secondary) shall be at the discretion of the Dean of the Faculty of Education to decide, order, or take any such actions as deemed appropriate.
8. In determining, ordering, or taking any such actions according to Articles 4, 5, 6, or 7, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents shall do so with the primary concern on the safety and welfare, as well as ease of commute of our students and personnel.
9. In the event that the orders in this announcement cannot be followed, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents shall have the final authority to make decisions.
However, should there be any changes in the situations in question, the University will make an announcement promptly.
Given on: October 22, 2020
(Prof. Dr. Bundhit Eua-arporn)