Further to Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Instructions and Work Operations from November 9 to 15, 2020 dated November 1, 2020, the University is still concerned about the safety and ease of commute of the students and personnel.
By virtue of Section 27 and Section 32 of Chulalongkorn University Act B.E. 2551, the University, therefore, issues the following orders:
1. This announcement shall take effect from November 16 to November 22, 2020.
2. Students and personnel are requested to exercise caution and avoid traveling to areas that may pose a risk to their safety, by always checking route conditions before traveling.
3. University personnel shall come to work during regular work hours or other designated times. However, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may allow their personnel to leave work earlier than usual should they deem such actions necessary for the personnel’s safety and ease of commute with clearly written communication, sent through official channels.
In the case of utmost necessity, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may order any personnel to work from their residence, in which case the personnel shall work at their full capacity, and strict work discipline shall be adhered.
4. The manner in which instructions of all courses are given, shall be at the discretion of the section heads. However, they are requested to focus on online instructions.
5. With regards to activities or operations other than instructions, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents may decide, order, or take any such actions as deemed appropriate.
6. Instructions, activities and operations for Chulalongkorn University Demonstration Schools (Primary and Secondary) shall be at the discretion of the Dean of the Faculty of Education to decide, order, or take any such actions as deemed appropriate.
7. In determining, ordering, or taking any such actions according to Articles 3, 4, 5, or 6, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents shall do so with the primary concern on the safety and welfare, as well as ease of commute of our students and personnel.
8. In the event that the orders in this announcement cannot be followed, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents shall have the final authority to make decisions.
However, should there be any changes in the situations in question, the University will make an announcement promptly.
Given on: November 15, 2020 (Prof. Dr. Bundhit Eua-arporn) President