The mission of the Office of International Affairs is to promote international relations through emphasizing cooperative activities, academic exchanges with international institutions and academic services to the international community in order to establish Chulalongkorn University as a gateway to regional and international venues.
The Office of International Affairs was also set up to foster academic readiness among personnel and students enabling them to keep abreast of academic developments and communicate effectively at an international level and to restructure the work in international relations so as to accommodate activities for faculty members and international students attending classes at Chulalongkorn University.
The Office of International Affairs provides the following general services:
- Publicizing international exchange scholarships to CU students;
- Serving as the coordinator for CU students’ applications, selection and preparation to study at foreign universities which have academic and cooperative agreements with Chulalongkorn University;
- Accepting applicants from foreign countries, providing assistance for their well-being, and disseminating relevant information to foreign students.
- Promoting student exchange programs with partner universities under academic-exchange agreements and arranging student exchanges with partner universities;
- Organizing cultural and social activities for international and exchange students at Chulalongkorn University; and
- Serving as an educational consultant for CU students who wish to further their studies aboard.
The Office of International Affairs also provides the following services for international students:
- Issuing request letters for visa applications, visa-type changes and visa extensions;
- Assisting international students with their entrance registration;
- Organizing an orientation for international students before the first semester begins; and
- Providing other consultancy services.
﹡ University-level Exchange Students (University level) can request airport pick-up by notifying the Office of International Affairs at least one week in advance via e-mail. Arriving during office hours (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) is preferable.
﹡ If students cannot manage to arrive during the office hours, they must use public transport, e.g., taxi, bus, train, etc.
Office of International Affairs
Chamchuri 1 Building, Phyathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand 10330
Tel: +662 218 3331-5 Fax:+662 216 1299