With reference to Chulalongkorn University’s third announcement of the extension of the temporary closure of its workplaces within and outside the Bangkok Metropolis until June 30, 2020 dated May 28, 2020,
To ensure that the University’s matters proceed in an efficient and orderly manner, the following announcement is therefore made:
1. As of July 1, 2020, its workplaces within and outside the Bangkok Metropolis be opened and operated as normal.
2. For the duration between June 19 to June 30, 2020 only university staff and personnel are permitted to enter and exit the university’s premises.
3. Section heads may instruct staff members to report for work for necessary preparations for the opening of the workplace specified in Section 1 and in so doing will not need to observe the compliance of the 40:60 ratio.
4. All work sections should continue to strictly comply with the measures for the control of the COVID-19 Pandemic announced by the government and the university and to see to it that all matters are dealt with in an orderly and systematic fashion as determined by the government and the university.
5. That the sections consider ways to determine the number of staff members reporting to work and how they should carry out their work in a manner that is appropriate considering the existing office space situation while mindful not to cause crowdedness and to be able to allow social distancing to be practiced. This may be done by way of modifying or adjusting times for reporting to work, breaks or assigning some staff members to work at the office alternating with others working from home as deemed appropriate and in ways that do not affect the University’s operations.
6. In cases where work related matters dictate that a staff member is required to travel upcountry the section head or the supervising Vice President shall have the authority to consider granting that permission as necessary. In so doing the travel must not negate or conflict with guidelines, announcements or ordinances of the government or the local authorities and measures of a particular province.
7.In cases where work related matters dictate that a staff member is required to travel abroad permission will be granted by the University only for travel to a country or administrative area designated by the government or the University. In such cases the person travelling abroad must strictly comply with the guidelines, announcements and ordinances determined by the government and the University.
8. Invitations issued to persons travelling from abroad for the purpose of teaching, attending meetings, seminars or any other activities related to the University will be permitted only to those travelling from a country or administrative area designated by the government or the University. In such cases strict compliance with the guidelines, announcements and ordinances determined by the government and the University is required.
9. The relevant section head or the supervising Vice President may determine specific details or guidelines to ensure that matters proceed in accordance with this announcement.
10.Where difficulty arises from implementing the guidelines under this announcement, the relevant section head or supervising Vice President shall have the discretion to resolve the situation as appropriate.
Announced on 19 June, 2020. (Prof. Dr. Bundhit Eua-arporn) President