Further to Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Instructions and Work Operations Planning for October 17 – 18, 2020, dated October 16, 2020, the University has considered that there have been numerous and ongoing public gatherings in the vicinity of Chulalongkorn University and other areas in Bangkok. Therefore, the university is concerned about the safety and welfare of our students and staff.
By virtue of Section 27 and Section 32 of Chulalongkorn University Act B.E. 2551, the University, therefore, issues the following orders:
1. That staff come to work on October 19, 2020 during regular hours. However, supervisors may allow their staff to leave earlier than usual as they see fit.
2. That instructions of all courses given on October 19, 2020 be at the discretion of the section heads. Focus should be put on online basis, and the safety and convenience of commuting for students and staff should be the main concern.
3. That activities or operations other than instructions be decided, ordered, or taken by the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents as deemed appropriate. The safety and convenience of commuting for students and staff should be the main concern.
4. That instructions, activities or operations for Chulalongkorn University Demonstration School (Primary and Secondary) be at the discretion of the Dean of the Faculty of Education to decide, order, or take any such action as deemed appropriate.
5. In the event that the orders in this announcement cannot be followed, the section heads or supervising Vice Presidents have the final authority to make decisions.
However, should there be any changes, the University will make an announcement promptly.